Friday, April 24, 2009

I made this one up all by myself....

When Christopher and I went to San Diego in February, we ate some yummy food. One of my favorites was this Black Bean Soup from the restaurant at our hotel. So I did some looking, and after NOT finding a recipe, I decided to make it up myself. It's a spicy soup, and I'm not big on salt, so this recipe fits my taste, but salt could be added, or the pepper could be omitted.
Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
sour cream
pico de gallo
Drain black beans and rinse well. Blend in blender to liquid state...then add water (more if you want it thinner) and transfer to saucepan. Add garlic salt and cayenne pepper, and heat through. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and pico de gallo.
Serves. 1 (since I am the only one in my family that will touch black beans.)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds good. My mom would love that recipe.