Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alice Springs Chicken.....Outback Steakhouse!

When I go to Outback Steakhouse....I always order the same thing. The Alice Springs Chicken! I know I can't go wrong with it. So then it occured to me....why not try making it. I did a little searching, and wha-la, I found the recipe. It is so yummy.....of course I have to leave the mushrooms off when I make it for my family cuz I'm the only one that likes them, but it doesn't matter, this is one awesome recipe!
8 bacon strips
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 cup honey
8 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
4 Tbsp. light corn syrup
2 tsp. dried minced onion
1 cup sliced fresh muchrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a baking pan coated with cooking spray (I also line mine with foil). In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread half of it over the chicken. Top with crumbled bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Serve with remaining honey mixture.....

No comments: