Wednesday, September 2, 2009

72-Hour Kits

My sisters and I have been talking what kind of things we always "want" to do but put off doing either because it seems like no fun or because it seems like a huge job. We've decided to spend one day per month focusing on something. For example, this month we're going to get together on a given day and put together our 72 hour kits. The idea is to have everything we need so we can organize and put them together all in one day. So for this week, I am focusing on the toiletries and personal care for each individual in our family. Next week, I'll focus on clothing and bedding. By the end of September when we get together, I hope to have everything in a big ol' bag, and all I'll have left is to organize. I like this idea because I know that my sisters will have some great ideas that I never would have thought of, and hopefully vise versa. We can help each other and become more emergency prepared all while enjoying one anothers company! If anyone is interested in joining us, leave a comment!

No comments: