Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!


I walked through the stores this year and looked at the Valentines, and was so disappointed. I knew that we could come up with something better....so I started looking and found this idea at http://www.familyfun.com/. My kids LOVE their mp3 players, and I knew this would be a hit with any kid. And I was right. I showed my kids and they were sold. The only bad thing about them is that they took about 5 hours to put together. (We made 70 so maybe that isn't so bad.) And the only thing I had to buy was the heart candy, which was $2.00 for eight boxes. My kids told me they were the hit at school too!
So if you're thinking ahead to next year and like this idea, here's the materials.
For each mp3 player you will need:
1 box conversation hearts
red or pink cardstock
printouts of playlist/mp3 buttons
yarn
Rolos candy
glue stick AND hot glue

They have a sample playlist at http://www.familyfun.com/ that can be modified with songs of your choice and then printed. The only problem is that you can only print one per page, which wastes alot of paper. I just made my own using my scrapbook factory program on my computer and thought it looked great. Bailey searched on Napster and found the song titles.

Anyone who knows me knows how much of a perfectionist I am....so it was kinda hard for me to let my kids put them together by themselves and seeing that they weren't perfect. BUT, they did an awesome job and I realize now that my kids are pretty good little crafters!
(Note: I didn't let them do the hot glueing...I did that part. But they did the rest. Hot glue is only used to glue the yarn to the box and to the Rolos.)


No comments: