Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Springy Fun Flower Centerpiece

I found this idea in both the Martha Stewart Living and Better Homes and Gardens magazines for March. It's just a branch, cardstock and hot glue. I used the template in the magazine for dogwood flower, cut them out, used markers to add detail in the middle, then cut out some leaves and glued them to the branch. It was an easy and FREE centerpiece for our table. Then I added some small rocks to a vase and stood the branch in it. A few days later we noticed there were buds forming, so we added water and now we have real leaves. So Chris didn't love it so much, but the kids and I did. In fact, each of the older three kids made their own for their rooms.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, those are PAPER flowers!?! Good grief, woman! There you go again, making all the rest of us look bad! J/K. I love it! You are so incredibly talented and creative, WOW!!!