Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Bench

This bench has been in my dad's family for YEARS! I remember it being in my Great Uncle's house when I was a kid and I loved sitting on it and listening to their stories. So for Father's Day this year we were cleaning out my dad's loft in the garage, and found it, and I immediately staked my claim. It was in bad shape, pretty gross. Nothing a little soap and water and paint can't fix. So I brought it home........



It actually had some really old vinyl over it, the gray kind that is meant to look like marble but really doesn't. So I took that off, washed what was underneath (like I said, GROSS!) and then.......
spray painted it....and WAALAAH! I was in a hurry, which is why I used spray paint. Next time I will use real outdoor paint. Then I distressed it and stuck it out on our front porch. PERFECT place to enjoy the evening air and stars!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Nolwenn just said "that's the bench at Dallin's house!'