Monday, November 10, 2008

I'M LEARNING!

Maybe I'm a little slow, but I'm learning. I went grocery shopping today...something I really HATE doing. Maybe 'cause groceries are so dang expensive, maybe 'cause I always have to wrestle the kid(s) I have with me, I'm not sure. But something occured to me today, and I had to share. Walmart is no lower priced than any other store if you're shopping wisely. I bought the few things I needed at Walmart, which were all store brand, Great Value. Then I went to City Market and filled in the rest. I used coupons on top of the sale prices, and saved an amazing dollar amount! I was so excited to find french cut green beans 3 for $1. Or Viva paper towels, 2 for $2! (And they have box tops on them). Another bonus was the $.10 off each gallon of gas if I spent over $100.00 at City Market. I had to improvise on my menu, but now I know that I can go with a basic menu prepared, and fill in the rest with sale items. Yeah!!! If you have any other ideas for me, please...I'll take all I can get!

No comments: